You may have encountered essays as early as you were in elementary school and it followed you when you were in high school and it may also have been ever present when you were in college. If you loved writing one, you are lucky enough if you are asked to write one even as you work in the corporate world, which is not really entirely impossible.
Essays are often defined as a short piece of writing where you will be able to inform but at the same time, you will also be able to write your personal opinion. For some, essay writing is their skill and that is as easy as writing down the letters in the alphabet, but for those who find it difficult, it takes a lot of time and effort in order to excel this skill.
Even for some people who love essay writing, it is still quite difficult for them to produce one because it would take a lot in them in order to produce one. Writing even a short essay would consume so much time on planning, more than the actual act of the essay writing. This is because, if you are really intent on writing an effective essay, you would make it a point that you would have to do a lot of research on more than just one source and looking up for references can actually take up time.
- If you are starting or struggling to write an essay, you can take note of the following simple steps in writing an essay: Decide what kind of essay to write.
- Even if this step does not involve writing, this step is very crucial to your output. You have to make sure that even before you would start picking up a pen and paper, you have to make sure that you already know what kind of essay you would want to write.
- If you are already given a topic in advance, you would now have to brainstorm ideas that you could make use in your essay. You may also brainstorm ideas that you might want to research later on.
- Now that you have made your brainstorming, it is now time for you to research the things you have set aside for research during your brainstorming period.
- Developing a thesis will help you in stating and expressing the main idea of your essay. A thesis will also help you in controlling the ideas all throughout your essay.
- Outlining your essay is perhaps the best way to organize the thought you have generated from your brainstorming. It enables you to plot the way your essay will flow on your paper so that it would produce a well-organized overall thought.